Saturday, May 1, 2010

As he steps from a bathroom full of steam, he sees her clutching tight to her towel...
"I'm sorry.  You look cold"
"It's okay.  I have my slippers on."


"I left the group.  I left them because they left me behind so I went off to collect mushrooms.  They were killing big dragons and I was collecting mushrooms."


On a rainy night to the girl he knows he cannot have...
"I realized I don't care much for one night stands."
"Really?  Why's that?"
"I felt dirty.  I felt as though I could have had about as much satisfaction going outside and drinking a can of Coke."


"Hey tits!"


The fifteen year-old to the sixteen year-old...
"How can you eat that in front of him?"
"Because it's my lunch and I'm hungry."
"I could never eat in front of my boyfriend.  I'm scared I'll look ugly and he'll think I'm a pig."


The young man who just spent his first weekend away with a girl...
"It was a festival but it was very small, like a market.  There were people selling jewelry.  Interesting jewelry, and I danced.  You know, I've never danced like that before in my life.  The beat went all night and I just let go.  It was great.  It felt very liberating."

"I absolutely refuse to talk to anybody on public transport.  It's okay to talk outside of the bus, but on the bus things just get awkward.  If someone tries to talk to me on public transport I pretend I speak another language."


"No one works quickly in Mexico.  They're relaxed.  You maybe get upset because you wait too long for your coffee, you maybe wanna complain to the boss?  Boss don't care, cos you're in Meh-hico."
"I'd love to live so relaxed."
"You nice girl.  Maybe you fit nice in Meh-hico."


"Australian Red Cross, help save lives..."
"Not today.  Maybe later."


Two school boys...
"Oh no, my lunchbox!"
"What?"
"I just broke it, look."
"Where?"
"It's cracked, see?
I wouldn't break things if the world wasn't so brittle."

No comments:

Post a Comment