Sunday, May 23, 2010

Phone call to an internet provider...
"What's the weather like in the Philippines?"
"Um, I don't know.  We're in Sydney."

"I'm cut now, because you don't want to hug me."
"That's because I've got a boyfriend."
"Aw, well, hugging is not technically cheating."
"No, but I'm not really a huggy person.  I don't really like hugging men."
"I'm not really a man, I'm more of a child."
"Well, you're a child with a penis, and I don't like hugging penises."

"My nine year-old daughter is doing her homework on insects and did you know, she's just told me about an ant that grows up to 65 inches long?"
"Oh my gosh, that's huge!"
"When you think about it, a normal ruler is 12 inches, so that's a pretty big ant."

Winter, two lovers in the sun...
"Come on, get up.  Sitting on the ground like that'll give you piles."
"What's piles?"
"I don't know, some kinda shit disease."

"Typical, always the way."
"What happened?"
"I had to use the disabled toilet cause the other one was full.  I come out and there's a guy with crutches waiting to go in."
 
"It was my last day in China, do you think I was going to spend it on the internet?  I'm with my girlfriend, it's the last time we're going to see each other in a while, I'm not going to be wasting my time, you know?  I was obviously out going to dinner and things that people get up to, you understand what I'm saying?"

"It's so hard to get people to talk to you when they're shopping."

"They're in hot water because of their complete lack of ethics."
"I know, I know, Africa right?"
"Damn right, Africa.  They basically go out to impoverished areas and convince the mothers that breast milk is bad, you know, that it might kill their babies.  Then they give them free formula, so they feed the kids the formula until their bodies stop producing milk, and then they take away the free formula and force them to pay for it and they've got no way to pay and their natural supplies are gone."
"They can't get away with that!"
"They're not.  Everyone knows about it.  There's an international boycott."

"And I have to do it, because I work there."
"No man, you gotta be your own man.  Bring down the corporations!"

"I work in defence, mate, and I gotta tell ya, there's some pretty scary stuff going on out there."
"Yeah?  Like what's going on in the Middle East, or something else?"
"Nah, man, oh, well, yeah, it's all over the place.  I mean, I can't tell ya, but the things we know... it'd make you not sleep at night.  We keep a lot of secrets to make people think they're safe."

No comments:

Post a Comment